Older workers often face prejudice and are overlooked. That's why the Serco Restart Scheme have signed up to The Centre for Ageing Better’s #AgeFriendlyEmployer Pledge and are showing their commitment to older workers.
The Age-Friendly Employer Pledge is a nationwide programme for employers who are committed to improving work for people in their 50s and 60s. Suki Gill, Social Value Lead for the Serco Restart Scheme has driven the pledge and we have delivered, or are currently working on the following:
- Delivered a Menopause Awareness session for all staff and delivery partners on the Restart Scheme
- Produced, and will continually update, an action plan to support the pledge
- Introduced a 50+ champion who will actively address barriers faced by these groups
- Hosted 3 in-person events for Restart Scheme delivery partners which were specifically focussed on ‘Supporting over 50s into work’
- Have 50+ champions in each of our Restart Scheme offices
- Connect with 50+ champions at Jobcentre Plus
- Currently working on a Social Value Digital Skills pilot alongside Jobcentre Plus supporting 50+ non-Restart Scheme Participants
- Ensuring our current recruitment practices are age-friendly
- Running specific job search support sessions for 50+ Restart Scheme Participants.
The Centre for Ageing Better is pioneering ways to make ageing better a reality for everyone, including challenging ageism and building an Age-friendly Movement, creating Age-friendly Employment and Age-friendly Homes. Find out more here.
Need help with recruitment? Represent an organisation?