Following Serco’s leadership as co-chair of the employer group that developed the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (CMDA) standard, Serco’s Education team introduced their new Higher Apprenticeships in Leadership & Management in 2017. CMDA gives Serco employees the opportunity to develop their careers and gain a new qualification. Through our experience internally we are now able to provide the CMDA as an external offering to our customers.
This higher apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to gain a business degree plus full chartered membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), along with on-the-job experience and a professional pathway for future development.
Serco are one of the first CMDA providers, with 54 apprentices enrolled in May 2017 and 50 more in September 2017 and January 2018; a rolling programme of 50+ each term. We understand how to design, develop and deliver CMDA courses and offer a tried and tested approach with experienced coaches that have a background in our customer’s related field.
- Optimum student learning – Serco’s expert staff will provide a blend of online learning and face-to-face workshops; maximising efficiency, innovation and value for money. We understand individual complexities and we tailor each of our solutions to ensure that we meet our customers’ specific needs. For example, within our Justice sector, we have incorporated face-to-face sessions due to the access restrictions that affect some roles within that area.
- High quality – our CMDA programme is in accordance with: Institute for Apprenticeships regulations, Education and Skills Funding Agency funding rules, HEFCE requirements QAA Higher Education Level 6 guidelines, CMI Chartered Manager status criteria and Ofqual requirements.
- Scalable model – We currently deliver a scalable model internally – increasing our numbers by 50+ cohort each term and therefore are able to deliver a phased approach.
- Adapting to the customer’s needs - we will ensure that the course reflects any special requirements outlined by our customers, whilst ensuring a consistent, efficient and expert approach.
- Experienced leadership – Serco has an experienced leadership team and was co-chair of the employer group that developed the CMDA Standard, so has extensive experience in this subject. We also have wider experience in delivering master and higher level programmes
Serco is happy to provide a free assessment of your current apprentice delivery and suggest ways that we can add value to support your organisation’s training needs.